Tuesday, February 15, 2011

In Barcelona, I fell in love...with a dress

I am fairly committed to a tea length or ballerina length dress, which is hard to find, since theknot.com lists over 3,000 dresses floor length gowns and only 35 "tea length"...and most are a little too short, close to the knee, for my tastes.

Over the weekend, I was in Barcelona for a getaway with my fiancé and stumbled upon this beautiful dress at Purificación García.  All the things in a dress I want: not strapless, below the knee, natural waist, not satin.  M'encanta!
All of the flowers are embroidered on a sheer netting and the picture does not really do the dress justice.  It was truly lovely.  And yes, I know it's not purely white, but I'm not married to that idea anyway.  The dress has white with flowery lace...what says "wedding" more than that?

PS the dress was about 495 euros, so I did not get it.  That would buy a lot of tapas!

No comments:

Post a Comment