Sunday, February 27, 2011

Patent leather: is it acceptable for bridal shoes?

I am trying to figure out an internal debate: are patent leather shoes appropriate for a bride?  I'm leaning toward a longer tea length dress so my shoes will be on display, but I'm not a fan of most satin or white shoes.  I am, however, a fan of dark blue (like sapphire!) and T trap style pumps.  However, some of the best specimens, like the Gabriella Rochas below, are patent leather.
Gabriella Rocha Women's Shelby2 T -Strap Pump,Navy Patent,5.5 M US 
Or in creme, available at Zappos:
I also love spectators and two tones, but they often feature super-shiny patent leather.
Mariana by GOLC Women's Lana Spectator Pump,Black Patent/Natural,40 M EU (US Women's 9-9.5 M)
Satin is obviously shiny too, so why is that so much more "acceptable" in my mind than patent leather?  Please note, I really despise satin shoes; I find them uncomfortable, impractical, and occasion-specific (when can you seriously wear satin shoes to the office?).  So I want leather or another fabric for my shoes...but the options are kind of painting me into a corner.

So far, Fitzwell shoes, available on Zappos, are winning the debate in my head.  The reviews are mixed, but the look seems to be the best of all worlds I'm going to get:
  
I'm also drawn to the cut-out detailing on these Fitzwells:

No comments:

Post a Comment